Non-profits that are successful at raising financial support generally have a well-defined fund development plan. A comprehensive plan includes procedures, tactics and strategies for both fund raising and grant writing. And while they both bring dollars, goods and services into an agency, each uses different approaches, strategies and skill sets to accomplish each goal.
The Bohse Team will work with your organization to prepare a sound fund development plan that will set realistic goals for your agency, and put you on a path to financial stability.
The Bohse Team can provide much-needed definition for types of fundraising and which are suitable for your organization. We can also help both Board and staff understand their roles in the fundraising process.
Bohse will work with your organization to:
- Evaluate the current state of your fund development efforts
- Determine who should be involved in the planning process
- Assess the level of commitment from your Board members, executive director, and key employees
- Determine community awareness of your organization and its programs
- Create Action Steps that identify personal ownership and assign responsibility
- Identify areas of focus for fundraising efforts
- Set realistic goals for future fundraising
- Execute a written fund development plan
- Apply appropriate measurements for success
We can also conduct an in-depth analysis of your fund development department and previous funding efforts and identify fundraising methods that are appropriate for your organization:
- Annual campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Planned giving
- Social Media
- Major Gifts
- Special events
- Individual Donor research
We can also show you how to define resources as more than dollars. By defining fundraising as bringing in goods, services and professional volunteers in addition to cash, your organization can expand its fundraising efforts and donor base exponentially. In fact, in many cases, an organization will be much more successful asking for anything but money!
Finally, the Bohse Team will work with you over time as a consulting resource as you implement your fund development plan.